For a lawyer to provide legal aid in divorce proceedings in Ukraine (including the cases of divorce between a Ukrainian citizen and a foreign national), the lawyer shall carry out the following actions:
- Obtain all the necessary documents and information according to the questionnaire.
- Draw up a legal services contract between the client and Zilver Law Firm.
- Order the translations of foreign documents (if applicable).
- Draw up the statement of claim for divorce, taking into consideration the existence of disputes over children or matrimonial property.
- Receive signed copies of the statement of claim for divorce and the legal services contract between the client and Zilver Law Firm (if a scanned copy of the contract was received earlier).
- Pay the court fee.
- Compile the package of documents for the court.
- Submit the statement of claim with its attachments to the court.
- Monitor the publication of the court’s decision to initiate the legal proceedings and the appointment of the court hearing date.
- Submit the respondent’s declaration of admission of the claim for divorce (if applicable).
- Participate in the court hearing or file an application for the hearing to take place in absence of the parties (in simplified proceedings).
- Obtain a copy of the court decision after it comes into force.
- Affix an Apostille to a copy of the court decision to legalize it for usage abroad (if necessary).
- Report to the supervisor.
Our lawyers speak English and German, and are therefore able to provide our clients with all the necessary legal advice in those languages.
More legal advice and document samples (an individual tax number is necessary):
Zilver Law Firm on Facebook
Zilver Law Firm on Instagram