According to the amendments into the legislation of Ukraine (we wrote earlier about them), all Ukrainian legal entities (with a few exceptions), taking into account the approval of the Ministry of Justice of the forms by Order of the Ministry of Finance of Ukraine, from July 11, 2021 to October 10, 2021, must submit to the registrar (Ministry of Justice of Ukraine) information about their beneficial owners.
In case of violation of this obligation, a penalty of UAH 17,000 will be imposed. up to UAH 51,000 (Article 166-11 of the Administrative Code of Ukraine).
According to the Art. 17-1 of the Ukrainian law “About state registration of legal entities, private entrepreneurs and civil organizations” following documents have to be filed to the departments of the Ministry of Justice.
- Application (filled in by lawyers).
- Schematic illustration of the ownership structure (drafted by lawyers).
- Extract, other document confirming the registration, name and place of registration of the foreign parent company (shareholder). The document must be apostilled.
- Notarized copy of the passport of the beneficial owner / -s, incl. beneficial owners of a foreign company that is a shareholder of a Ukrainian company. The document must be apostilled.
All documents issued abroad must be translated into Ukrainian, with a notarized signature of the translator.
The submission of a package of documents can be carried out in one of the ways indicated below: by the
- Director in person (possibly in the presence of a lawyer) at the registrar in the Center for the provision of administrative services (with possible waiting in queues).
- Director personally (possibly in the presence of our lawyer) at a notary.
- An authorized person (for example, lawyers) on the basis of a notarized power of attorney from a notary.
The cost of the “turnkey” service:
- If the participants of the legal entity are citizens of Ukraine – 2000 (two thousand).
- If the ownership structure consists of two lines of participants – 2500 (two thousand five hundred) UAH. Each subsequent line of participants – 500 (five hundred) UAH extra.
- If there are non-residents among the participants – 500 (five hundred) UAH extra.
Note: In case of a complex ownership structure, Zilver Law Firm reserves the right to change the cost of services.
Subsequently, the company will have to annually, within 14 calendar days after the date of registration, submit confirmation of information on the ultimate beneficial owners.
You can contact Zilver Law Firm by phone: +38 050 140 95 60, +38 098 002 78 25 (Viber, WhatsApp, Telegram), e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We also recommend reading legal advice:
Zilver Law Firm on Facebook
Zilver Law Firm on Instagram