After obtaining the work permit for employment of the foreigner the Ukrainian company is allowed to execute labor contract. And if the foreign citizen is going to stay in Ukraine more than 90 days out of 180 while performing his contractual duties, he/she has to obtain the temporary residence permit.
The foreign citizen may apply for the temporary residence permit in Ukraine only if he/she entered Ukraine with visa D (with some exceptions). Therefore, foreigner has to go out from Ukraine (if he/she was in Ukraine while work permit was obtained) and apply to any Ukrainian consulate on other state for visa D-02. There is no possibility to get visa D while staying in Ukraine.
The state of application does not have to be state of residency or nationality of the applicant. It may be any state, more comfortable for visit by such foreign citizen. The list of the Ukrainian consulates may be found on the Ministry of foreign affairs of Ukraine.
To obtain a D-02 visa, the foreigner shall submit following documents:
- Application form (shall be filled in embassy or online, depending on how the documents will be submitted);
- One color photo 35 x 45 mm;
- A valid medical insurance policy on the territory of Ukraine with coverage for 30 000 Euros + with coverage for treatment, observation, quarantine, diagnosis of COVID;
- A document that confirms the availability of sufficient funding for a foreign citizen to stay in Ukraine during the validity of D-type visa (45 calendar days) = 75 700 UAH. Such a document can be: cash in the amount specified above, a card statement with the amount specified above, a bank statement with the amount specified above (foreigner’s bank account);
- Receipt for payment of the consular fee;
- The original and a copy of the employment permit;
After obtaining a D-visa, foreigner shall enter the territory of Ukraine by this visa and apply for temporary residence permit.
If you need an assistance in establishing company in Ukraine, obtaining work permits for foreigners, getting temporary residence permits and other legal help, please contact the Zilver law company: +38 050 140 95 60, +38 098 002 78 25 (Viber, WhatsApp, Telegram), e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please read other lawyers’ consultations:
Zilver law company in Facebook
Zilver law company in Instagram